You & Your Doctor


Don't Just Grin & Bear It — 
Talk to your doctor about a plan that may be right for you

It’s time to start speaking up about the “hot” topic of menopause. It isn’t always easy, but your doctor or other healthcare professional (HCP) is there to listen and, more importantly, to help. Now may be the perfect time to talk to your HCP about your hot flashes and see if treatment is right for you.

The first step toward taking action and finding out if DUAVEE may be right for you is to let your doctor or other HCP know the following:

  • How long it’s been since your last period
  • Your medical history, including any current or past health problems and any unusual vaginal bleeding
    • Your healthcare provider may need to check you more carefully if you have certain conditions, such as asthma (wheezing), epilepsy (seizures), diabetes, migraine, endometriosis, lupus, or problems with your heart, liver, thyroid, kidneys, or have high calcium levels in your blood
  • If you are going to have surgery or will be on bed rest
  • All medications you're currently taking, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements
    • Especially tell your healthcare provider if you take other hormonal medicines, including progestins or other medicines like DUAVEE. Ask your healthcare provider if you do not know if you take any of these medicines

You can use the Custom Conversation Guide below to help you start — and personalize — a discussion with your doctor or other HCP. Just answer the questions below as best you can, click “Submit,” and then a downloadable PDF will be created for you.

Together, you and your doctor will decide on a treatment plan that works for you.

Privacy Statement

Pfizer understands that your health is a personal matter and respects your privacy. Please review our Privacy Policy so that you may understand the information we collect about you, how we use and protect it, and the choices we offer you with respect to your personal information.

Twitter Share Text: 
Don’t just grin & bear it — talk to your doctor about menopause and hot flashes. This convo guide can help: >>



Do not take additional estrogens, progestins, or estrogen agonists/antagonists while taking DUAVEE® (conjugated estrogens/bazedoxifene).

Using estrogen may increase your chance of getting cancer of the uterus. Report any unusual vaginal bleeding right away while taking DUAVEE. Vaginal bleeding after menopause may be a warning sign of cancer of the uterus. A healthcare provider should check unusual vaginal bleeding to find the cause.

Do not use estrogens to prevent heart disease, heart attacks, strokes, or dementia.

Estrogens may increase the chance of getting blood clots or strokes.

Using estrogens may increase the chance of getting dementia, based on a study of women 65 years of age or older.

You and your healthcare provider should talk regularly about whether you still need treatment with DUAVEE.

Do not use DUAVEE if you: have or had blood clots; are allergic to any of its ingredients; have unusual vaginal bleeding; have or had certain cancers (eg, uterine or breast), liver problems, or bleeding disorders; or are pregnant, may become pregnant, or are breastfeeding a baby.

The use of estrogen alone has been reported to result in an increase in abnormal mammograms requiring further evaluation. The effect of treatment with DUAVEE on the risk of breast and ovarian cancer is unknown.

Estrogens increase the risk of gallbladder disease. Discontinue estrogen if loss of vision, pancreatitis, or liver problems occur. If you take thyroid medication, consult your healthcare provider, as use of estrogens may change the amount needed.

The most common side effects include muscle spasms, nausea, diarrhea, upset stomach, abdominal pain, throat pain, dizziness, and neck pain.



DUAVEE is used after menopause for women with a uterus to reduce moderate-to-severe hot flashes and to help reduce the chances of developing osteoporosis.

If you use DUAVEE only to prevent osteoporosis due to menopause, talk with your healthcare provider about whether a different treatment or medicine without estrogens might be better for you. DUAVEE should be taken for the shortest time possible and only for as long as treatment is needed. You and your healthcare provider should talk regularly about whether you still need treatment with DUAVEE.

Please see Full Prescribing Information, including BOXED WARNING and Patient Information.

You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

Back to Top